Develop closer family relationships and build resilience in children!
The Strengthening Christian Families Program International (SCFP Int’l) is an evidence-based family skills training program that includes wisdom from God’s Word, the Bible. The 18 lessons are designed to help improve family communication and develop positive social skills so that parents and children have closer family relationships. This also helps children stay free from addictions and other delinquent behavior, which improves their quality of life and, in turn, strengthens society.
DID YOU KNOW?
- If a child makes it to age 21 without smoking, drinking alcohol, or using other drugs, he or she will likely never become addicted—which shows that it is mainly an adolescent problem that can be prevented.
- A child’s peers are the #1 greatest risk factor in whether they will experiment with tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs.
- Research shows that the strongest protective factor in a child’s life is the family, which includes a close relationship with a caring, responsive adult.
- Parents trained in bonding, setting boundaries and monitoring their child’s activities can prevent most teen drug and alcohol abuse, allowing them to grow up with happier family relationships and brighter futures.
The SCFP International program provides separate lessons for parents, teens, and children. The different classes all have their own separate set of curricula for the instructor to use. Each set contains 3 books: The teaching manual and teaching aid pages for the instructor to use, and the lesson handout book for the participants. There is also a separate Family Group Manual with ideas for a family activity to do after the parent/teen/child groups meet. Ideally, the family is taking this class together, but it can be used in various ways, such as:
- Sunday School
- Cell Groups
- Youth Group
- Youth Retreat
- Kids Clubs
- Orphanages, Children’s Homes
- Street Ministry
- Family Retreat
- School (for use in ethics or Bible class)
- Bible Schools (to use for curriculum on the Family)
For more information about the program or to request the free curriculum, see our website at SCFPInternational.org
An Introduction to the Strengthening Christian Families Program may be found in the ‘Past Classes’ section of EMDC Online at